Saturday, June 18, 2011

Out with the old in with the new...

So before finishing the Panda hat I was sort of in a knitting/crochet rut. My sister recommended I listen to some of my favorite music for inspiration.

I know what some of you are thinking, "music for knitting inspiration, SAY WHAT?" well as crazy as it may sound my poems, story's, cakes, and knitting projects are mostly inspired by music! My all time favorite genre is swing :) Mostly because I grew up hearing my grandma and dad listen to it. Its so cheery and energetic, sort of makes you want to jump up and start dancing LOL

So anywhoooo what I was going to say before I got all discombobulated was that my sister's suggestion worked! Ive been on an inspirational roller coaster these days, and I must say I'm pretty happy with it.

Here are some pictures of my newest creations which are now all listed in my etsy shop YAY!

I named this first one after a song I LOVE from the Andrew sisters called "Boogie woogie bugle boy"
my sister willingly agreed to model for me <3

gotta love her jeje
So retro! LOVE LOVE

I love this one :) she was so tired after the long photoshoot I felt so bad for asking her to model LOL

So colorful. . .The Rain"bow" headband

Natures bow :) so outdoors-ish... lol
I also made a tutu for one of my niece's :) I cant wait for her to get it in the mail so she can snap some pictures, this one isn't the best pic ever but I thought I'd snap one for yall to see! IT HAD TO BE PINK OF COURSE!





So there are a few piccys of my latest creations, I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend and WONDERFUL father's day <3

Toodles for now loviess

Veronica grace <3

5 comments:

  1. Swing? I would have never guessed, how cool!
    Your inspirational music has turned out some VERY fabulous headbands there, Miss Grace :)
    Hope your Sunday is as beautiful as you are, enjoy!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I haven't really listened to swing much, but music is a huge inspiration for me too! I love your new creations :) and that was very sweet of your sister to model for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, love the new creations and photos! That Rain'bow' headband is so bright and cheery, and I love the first photo of your sister modeling "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy"! I love that your creations are inspired by music... music is just so fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna see Hannah in a tutu!! And and and when I read you said swing music, I instantly thought of Michael Buble. OMFG he's hot and not to mention a great singer :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ~ how fantastic, you've been creating up a storm!!! That always makes me so happy to see :) You and your sister look so much alike, she's just as adorable as you are! I like the same photo as Tay (love that song too!), and that tutu is ADORABLE!! Can't wait to see it modeled! Great, great work Veronica! :)

    ReplyDelete